1. Slows down ageing: Moringa oil and moringa leaf powder are both used topically on the face to prevent wrinkles and free radical damage to the skin. Moringa may help firm up your facial skin and also help reduce wrinkles and blemishes, making you look younger.
2. Moisturises the lips: Moringa oil is also used as an ingredient in a range of lip balms and lip care products, as it is capable of moisturising the sensitive skin of the lips and make them retain their softness.
3. Improves complexion: As stated earlier, moringa or drumsticks may help improve your complexion by preventing blemished and give you an even tone, when applied topically. A paste of the leaves can be applied to dark spots or blemishes on the face to reduce them.
4. Fights acne: It may seem counter-productive but applying moringa oil on the face has been known to prevent acne breakouts, due to its anti-bacterial properties. The same effect can be achieved by applying a paste of moringa leaves on the affected areas of the face. However, it’s always advisable to consult an expert dermatologist before self-administering any skin treatments, whether internally or topically.
5. Help in removing toxins: Pimple and acne breakouts may be signs of accumulation of toxins in the blood. Consuming moringa powder or moringa seeds may help purify your blood, which will definitely translate into a clearer and healthier skin.
6. Reduces large pores: Moringa also acts on large open pores of the skin and tightens the skin. It has skin health boosting collagen protein, which helps in reducing pores.